If you've purchased a TBT200 for use with a Thunderbolt 4 PCIE Expansion card and are having issues with the TBT200 showing up detected under the Thunderbolt Utility tool. Please ensure you follow the steps to fix:
- Identify what Motherboard you are currently utilizing.
- For this example we will use the Z690 MSI Carbon Wifi.
- Identify which Thunderbolt 4 PCie Expansion card is supported.
- For most MSI Motherboards you will need: MSI Thunderbolt 4 PCIe Expansion Card
- Ensure that you have installed the PCIe card as instructed from the manual, and have downloaded all driver updates for your motherboard.
- Once installed, boot into the BIOS.
- From the BIOS, ensure that "PCIE Tunneling over USB4" is enabled
- Note: This setting may be under a different name, depending on your brand of motherboard.
- Once enabled, boot into Windows and open the Thunderbolt Utility, the device should now show connected and in use.