If you want to bind a button on your iCUE-compatible device to open an application or launch an executable file, this can be achieved through a "Launch App" assignment in iCue.
Follow the steps illustrated below to learn how to create one:
- Select the device in iCUE
- Navigate to the "Key Assignments" tab of your device in iCue and click the plus under "Assignments"
- Select the Launch App Assignment type
- Select the key you would like to bind the action to by using the virtual buttons on iCUE or clicking the question mark and clicking the button on the physical device. In this example with the K100, I will be using G1 but you can use any key-bind that best fits your needs.
- Select the application you are looking for in the available list.
- If your application or file is not available, click the "+" sign next to "Select Application to Launch"
- Navigate to where you have the executable file saved and select it.
The key assignment has now been created and saved to your current profile.
Keybinds like this can be used to open anything from your web browser to custom batch files, explore and see what you can use them for in your own setup.