If your wireless device is having issues with connection or latency, the most common cause is interference. You can reduce wireless interference by taking the following steps.
Reduce the distance between the device and its transmitter
The less distance the wireless signal travels, the less interference can affect it. Here are some setups to best position your USB dongle for closing the gap:
- Try a closer USB port on your computer, such as on the front panel
- Use the USB cable adapter with the included USB cable as an extension
- Other peripherals may have USB pass-through ports which may be closer to your device
Keep sources of interference away from your device
Interference is typically caused by other electronics, so increasing the distance between these and your Corsair product may improve performance. Here are examples of devices that may cause interference:
- Other USB wireless devices
- Wireless networking equipment like routers or hotspots
- USB storage devices and flash drives
For more information on our wireless peripherals, join our community at the Corsair User Forum!