When you first set up your iCUE NEXUS Companion, your iCUE software will load available preset screens for your connected iCUE-compatible devices. You can use iCUE to manage these preset screens, as well as add elements such as buttons that perform certain actions or widgets that display information.
Managing preset screens
To manage your preset screens, open iCUE and select iCUE NEXUS in the DEVICES section.
Once you have selected the iCUE NEXUS, you can manage your preset screens by clicking the right-side toggle button on the upper left of the preview screen to switch to stack view.
You can now:
- Disable specific screens by clicking the toggle switches on the left-hand side of a screen.
- Click and drag each screen to reorder them however you wish.
- Click the menu button on the right-hand side of the screen to edit, copy, or delete a screen.
- Click the + button at the bottom of the previews to add a blank screen that you can edit.
Adding a background to your screen
When you edit a screen, you can customize it by adding a custom color or image.
When uploading an image to use, the image can be in the following formats:
- Animated GIF
The image dimensions should be 640x48 px. If your image does not match those dimensions, iCUE will crop or stretch the image to fit the NEXUS display. If you only want the image to occupy part of your touchscreen, use the chart below to determine the dimensions of your image file.
If you want to remove a background, erase the file location field, and then click OK.
Adding elements to your screen
When you add a blank screen, you can customize your new screen with buttons for custom actions and macros and widgets for monitoring the performance of your PC.
To enable adding elements:
- Click the left-side toggle button on the upper left of the preview screen to switch to default view.
- Use the numbered buttons on the bottom to select a screen to customize.
- Click + Add New on the NEXUS screen preview to open ELEMENT SETTINGS.
- You can now make edits to your screen:
- To add an action to a button, click the Add button next to “Action” in the ELEMENT SETTINGS section and edit what action you want the button to do.
- To add a background to a button, drag and drop an image file onto the NEXUS screen preview. The image will be resized if it is larger than 150x48 px.
- To add a widget, open WIDGETS LIST on the left sidebar and drag and drop a widget into the NEXUS screen preview.
- If you want to save a button, drag and drop the button from the NEXUS screen preview to the BUTTONS LIBRARY on the left sidebar.