Need to replace the 2.5" storage drive of your CORSAIR ONE? We have a video and instructions to help you out. The instructions apply to the i100, a100, and i200-Series CORSAIR ONE systems.
NOTE: New drives may require initialization and formatting after installation.
Tools for upgrading
Before you begin upgrading your storage drive, make sure you have the following tools:
- A Phillips-head screwdriver to access the CORSAIR ONE components.
- Some soft material, such as blocks of Styrofoam or a towel, to place the CORSAIR ONE on to prevent scratches to the chassis.
Part 1: Opening your CORSAIR ONE
The first step in upgrading is opening your CORSAIR ONE to access the components.
To open the CORSAIR ONE:
- Press the rear release button and pull the top assembly straight up.
- Disconnect the top fan cable and set the top assembly aside.
- With the front of the CORSAIR ONE facing towards you, use your Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the left-side panel.
- When removing the second screw, use your hand to hold the left-side panel to prevent it from falling after it pops open.
- Place your CORSAIR ONE on any soft material nearby with the left-side panel facing up.
- Carefully lift the left-side panel away from the CORSAIR ONE chassis.
- You may have to rotate the cooling hoses connected to the side panel so that the side panel can be laid parallel with your CORSAIR ONE.
Part 2: Replacing your storage drive
Once you have your CORSAIR ONE open, you can now replace the storage drive.
To replace the storage drive:
- Remove the two outermost screws securing the 2.5" disk drive carrier.
- Gently lift out the disk drive carrier and disconnect the SATA data and SATA power cables.
- Remove the four screws securing the disk drive to the carrier.
- Place your new disk drive into the carrier and secure it with the four screws.
- Connect the SATA data and SATA power cables to the disk drive.
- Gently replace the disk drive carrier.
- Make sure you tuck the cables through the carrier cutout.
- Re-secure the disk drive carrier with two screws.
Part 3: Closing your CORSAIR ONE
Once you have finished replacing your disk drive carrier with your new disk drive, it is time to close your CORSAIR ONE.
To close your CORSAIR ONE:
- Replace the left-side panel of the CORSAIR ONE and re-secure the two screws.
- Reconnect the top fan cable to the top fan assembly and feed any excess cable into the CORSAIR ONE chassis.
- Place the top fan assembly back on top of the CORSAIR ONE, making sure to align the peg on the fan assembly with the rear release button.