Though the Corsair TBT100 Thunderbolt 3 Dock can work as soon as you plug it into your Mac’s Thunderbolt port, installing the Thunderbolt 3 Dock Utility will give you the best utilization of its features.
The Thunderbolt 3 Dock Utility software is currently compatible with macOS Catalina or earlier.
NOTE: The Corsair Thunderbolt 3 Dock Utility software is only compatible with macOS.
Step 1: Download the Corsair Thunderbolt Dock software installer
You can download the Corsair Thunderbolt Dock software installer by clicking this link.
Step 2: Install the Corsair Thunderbolt Dock Utility
When you run the installer, it will install the Corsair Thunderbolt kernel extension and the Corsair Thunderbolt Dock Utility application.
- The Corsair Thunderbolt kernel extension enables charging iPads and support for the Apple SuperDrive and the Apple keyboard.
- The Corsair Thunderbolt Dock Utility is a menu bar item that enables ejecting all drives connected to your dock, letting you safely unplug it.
To run the installer:
- Double-click the installer to launch it.
- Click Continue to start the installation process.
- Click Continue to agree to the Software License Agreement.
- Select the disk where you want to download the software, then click Continue.
- Click Install.
- Click Continue Installation to restart your computer and finish installation.
Step 3: Use the Corsair Thunderbolt Dock Utility
Once Corsair Thunderbolt Dock Utility is installed, you can access it from your Mac’s menu bar. The menu will show 3 options at the top:
- No Corsair Thunderbolt Dock attached: This appears when the Corsair Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock is not physically attached to your Mac.
- Unplug Corsair Thunderbolt Dock: This appears when the Corsair Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock is attached and detected. Select this option to eject all drives attached to your Dock. You can then physically unplug the Dock from your Mac.
- Corsair Thunderbolt Dock is safe to unplug: This appears after the Corsair Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock and any equipment attached to it is unmounted. You can safely remove the Thunderbolt cable from your Mac.
You can also click Preferences… option to bring up the main Corsair Thunderbolt Dock Utility options window. Here you can check the Launch at Login checkbox to have the Utility launch when you log in.
If your Mac prevents the Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock Utility from loading, go to your Security & Privacy settings and click the Allow button next to the "System software from developer 'Corsair Memory, Inc.' was blocked from loading" message.