Need help installing your VENTUS 3090 / 3080 water block onto your MSI GeForce RTXTM 30-Series graphics card? We have a video and written instructions to give you a hand.
You can also download a PDF of the assembly instructions by clicking this link.
Removing the original heat sink fan assembly
The first thing you need to do is remove the original heat sink fan assembly on your MSI GeForce RTXTM 30-Series graphics card.
- Unscrew all fasteners attaching the heat sink fan assembly to your graphics card.
- Disconnect all cables connecting the heat sink fan assembly to your graphics card.
- Remove the heat sink fan assembly from the graphics card.
- Wipe off the original thermal compound.
- You can use isopropyl alcohol to wipe off the thermal compound.
- Remove the thermal pads.
Installing the VENTUS GPU Water Block
Once you have removed the heat sink fan assembly, you can now install your VENTUS GPU water block onto your graphics card.
- Remove the TIM protective cover from your water block.
- Place the water block on a smooth surface with the cover and acrylic glass facing down.
- Align the holes and carefully place your bare graphics card onto the water block.
- Make sure you route the XG7 RGB wiring through the rear of the water block.
- Align the holes and place the XG7 RGB backplate on top of the graphics card-water block assembly.
- Fasten the included M2.5x5mm screws with a Phillips-head screwdriver to secure the assembly.
NOTE: Some graphics cards, such as NVIDIA GEFORCE models, will require you to fasten the I/O bracket to the circuit board after installation. Use the included M2.5x5mm screw and an M2.5 nut to fasten the bracket.
Connecting the RGB cable
Use the included RGB cable to connect your water block to a CORSAIR RGB lighting controller (e.g. Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro), another Hydro X series component, or a motherboard RGB header.
You can now use iCUE to control the color illumination of your water block.