If you need help installing new firmware for your Voyager Air, this article contains instructions and links to the latest firmware.
Before installing new firmware...
Before you install new firmware, there are a few things you need to check first:
- Make sure all files on your drive are backed up.
- Make sure your device's battery is charged to at least 20%; we recommend you fully charge your device before installing new firmware.
- Double-check what your current firmware is, as instructions may vary:
- If your firmware is older than 2.0.17, please flash your device to version 2.0.17 before flashing to the latest firmware. The instructions for doing so are similar to the instructions in this article.
- If your firmware is version 2.0.17, please note the additional instructions.
- Because the device will be fully reset to default after flashing, you may want to write down any settings you have for reference.
Starting the firmware update
After you have confirmed the current firmware on the drive, you can flash the firmware to either version 2.0.17 or the latest firmware. The installation process is similar for both versions, but there are some differences if you are currently on version 2.0.17.
- Connect the drive to your computer using the included USB cable.
- NOTE: Any computer should work just fine as long as it can access the drive.
- Make sure your drive's battery life is at least 20% or higher.
- NOTE: If you are updating to version 2.0.17, make sure you plug in the AC adapter; the AC adapter is needed for the 2.0.17 firmware update to work.
- Download the relevant firmware file from the links below.
- After downloading the firmware file, copy the file named VoyagerAir-dev.pkg to the root folder of your drive.
- The root folder is the first window you see when accessing the drive like a normal hard drive.
- After you copy the .pkg file, turn off the drive and unplug the USB cable.
- Turn on the drive again.
You do not need to follow the instructions below if you are only updating your drive to version 2.0.17, as the drive should automatically update after turning it on. If you are updating to a version that is newer than 2.0.17:
- Open a web browser and type 192.168.77.1 into the address bar to access the Web User Interface of your drive.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select Drive Firmware.
- Click Update next to Update Available.
- The Wi-Fi icon on your physical drive should blink to indicate the firmware is updating.
- IMPORTANT: Do NOT power off your drive while it is updating; doing so will cause your drive to become unusable.
- When the Wi-Fi icon stops blinking, the update is complete.
If you are having issues with the drive after following this process, make sure you have the latest version of the app on your smart device.
Links to firmware
Below are direct links to both firmwares needed to complete this update.
- Version 2.0.17: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/External-Storage/Voyager-Air-Firmware-v2_0_17.zip
- Version 2.3.0: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/External-Storage/Voyager-Air-Firmware-v2.3.0.zip