If you want to enable RGB control over RAM on your ASUS Z690 motherboard, you will need to enable SPD Write in the system BIOS.
The ASUS Z690 motherboard disables SPD Write by default, which causes iCUE to not be able to communicate properly with your RAM.
To enable SPD Write:
- Boot into your BIOS by pressing the assigned key on your keyboard.
- If you do not know which key to press, check the manual for your motherboard.
- In BIOS, press the F7 hotkey on your keyboard to enter Advanced Mode.
- Click the AI Tweaker or the Extreme Tweaker tab, depending on which the BIOS uses.
- Scroll down and click Tweaker's Paradise.
- Scroll down until you find the SPD Write Disable option.
- Set SPD Write Disable as FALSE.
- Save your changes.
- Reboot your system.