Want to clean your keycaps and keyboards? We have a video and this guide to help you out.
Cleaning your keycaps
Before cleaning your keycaps, we recommend taking a picture of your keyboard. This picture will serve as a helpful reference when you need to reinsert your keycaps into the keyboard.
To clean your keycaps and keyboard, you will need:
- A container with warm soapy water
- A towel to dry off your keycaps
- A place for the keycaps to air dry overnight
- A can of compressed air to clean your keyboard
- A damp cloth to clean any grime in your keyboard
To clean your keycaps and keyboard:
- Remove the keycaps from your keyboard.
- Place the keycaps into the container of warm soapy water and let it sit for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Make sure that the keycaps are completely submerged in the water.
- Clean your keyboard by using light compressed air to clear out dust and a damp cloth to clean out any built up grime.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you avoid letting any liquid get into the keyboard; your keyboard may experience issue if liquid gets into contact with the keyboard's printed circuit board.
- When your keycaps have soaked long enough, rinse them.
- Dry the keycaps with a towel.
- Set the keycaps aside to allow them to dry overnight.
- Once your keycaps have dried, reinsert them back into your keyboard.