When iCUE is not running, your K55 RGB PRO gaming keyboard will be in hardware mode.
In hardware mode, your keyboard can run any lighting effects or macros that are saved to its onboard memory. You can even record macros when iCUE is not running, so long as your keyboard has space in its onboard memory.
Cycling through lighting effects
When your K55 is in hardware mode, you can cycle through lighting effects by holding the FN key and then pressing the number keys 1 to 5. Each number key will change the static lighting of one lighting zone on the K55.
Holding the FN key and pressing number keys 6 to 0 will set different dynamic lighting effects.
To go back to your keyboard's default lighting, hold the FN key and press the ~ key.
When recording a macro, you can record up to 50 keystrokes when your K55 is in hardware mode.
To record a macro when your K55 is in hardware mode:
- Press and hold the macro button on your keyboard until the macro indicator begins to pulse.
- Record your macro; recording starts the moment you press a key on the K55.
- NOTE: If you need to stop recording, hold the macro button until the macro indicator stops pulsing or blinking.
- Press the macro button to stop recording; the macro indicator will begin to rapidly blink.
- Press one of the G-keys to record the macro onto that key.
To clear a saved macro from a G-key:
- Press and hold the macro button until the macro indicator begins to pulse.
- Press the macro button immediately again so that the macro indicator begins to rapidly blink.
- Press the G-key you want to clear.