Firmware can be thought of as the operating system of a device. Updating firmware can help improve device performance or deal with bugs that may pop up. You can use iCUE to help keep the firmware of your devices up to date.
Before updating your device firmware, make sure that:
- You are connected to the internet
- The device you want to update is connected to your computer
To update firmware:
- Open iCUE.
- Click the gear icon at the top to go to the global settings menu.
- Click the download icon next to the device you want to update.
- Click Update.
- Choose how you want to update the firmware:
- Select Force update to force an update to the latest firmware version.
- Select Firmware Image to use a downloaded firmware update file to update the firmware. You can also use this to roll back to an older firmware version.
- iCUE will update your device firmware. Do NOT disconnect your device while the update is happening.
For additional information regarding iCUE, check out our blog post about the CUE2 software.