You can use hardware profiles to configure lighting effects and actions that are usable without needing iCUE running in the background. Though hardware actions have less options than software actions, you will still be able to use them even if you connect your devices to another PC.
Hardware profiles are saved to onboard profile slots in your device. The number of available slots will depend on the memory storage limit of the device, so you will need to clear or overwrite slots if there is no more room.
Create and save a hardware profile
For the most streamlined profile configuration, make sure your iCUE software is version 3.27 or newer.
To configure a hardware profile:
- Open iCUE.
- Select the device you want to configure a hardware profile for.
- Set your desired lighting effects and hardware actions in the HARDWARE ACTIONS and HARDWARE LIGHTING tabs on the left side menu.
- When you are finished, select ONBOARD PROFILES on the left side menu.
- Select an onboard profile slot and click Save.
- If all profile slots on your device have profiles saved on them, you will need to clear or overwrite a slot.