- Why use higher polling rates?
- What do I need for the best performance?
- Why is my 8000Hz device only 1000Hz out of the box?
- What Corsair devices support 8000Hz polling?
Why use higher polling rates?
Higher polling rates for keyboards and mice allow the device to communicate more quickly with your computer. For example, 8000Hz polling for mice means that data is sent eight times more frequently than a 1000Hz polling rate, making sensor tracking smoother and having your games register clicks faster.
Please note that higher polling rates will come with a higher CPU usage cost.
- For keyboards, the impact is minimal. However, you may see greater effects on older generation systems.
- For mice, you may see a greater impact due to the amount of information sent when the sensor is tracking your mouse movement.
What do I need for the best performance?
For the best performance, you want to have a higher end system to lessen the effects of a higher CPU usage cost.
- For 2000Hz: You need a modern system for the best experience.
- For 4000Hz: You need a minimum of an Intel i5 9th generation processor or an AMD Ryzen 5 2nd generation processor (or equivalent).
- For 8000Hz: You need a minimum of an Intel i7 9th generation processor or an AMD Ryzen 7 2nd generation processor (or equivalent).
You also want to plug your device into a USB port that is directly linked to the motherboard chipset for the best stability. Intermediary USB devices such as hubs, docks, and 3rd party chipsets may not be able to provide enough stability.
If you are unsure of which port to use, consult your motherboard manual or manufacturer.
Why is my 8000Hz device only 1000Hz out of the box?
8000Hz devices are only 1000Hz out of the box to ensure compatibility with all systems and allow you to use those products on older systems. If you do not increase the polling rate, you will be able to use the device on non-Windows systems and systems without iCUE.
What Corsair devices support 8000Hz polling?
|Keyboards with 8000Hz polling||
|Mice with 8000Hz polling||